Are Psyche Guides a reliable and trustworthy source of advice on psychology and mental health?
We work hard to bring you the most trustworthy, expert and up-to-date information on psychology and mental health in our Guides.
You can be confident that:
- All Psyche Guides that deal with mental health issues are written by experts, including experienced clinical psychologists, psychotherapists and researchers. They are commissioned and edited by specialist psychology editors and carefully fact-checked.
- Psyche Guides addressing mental health needs are also reviewed by external mental health professionals who are specialists in the particular issue being addressed.
- All Psyche Guides are date stamped and up-to-date at the time of publication. They are routinely reviewed and updated where necessary.
- Each Guide includes links and resources that are carefully checked by our editors and expert reviewers to ensure they are helpful and safe.
- Psyche is an independent, not-for-profit publisher, so you can be assured that our editorial decisions are made with your best interests in mind.
Are Psyche Guides a replacement for my therapist, doctor or professional advisor?
Psyche Guides are provided as general information only. They are not a substitute for independent, professional medical or health advice tailored to your specific circumstances. If you are struggling with psychological difficulties, we encourage you to seek help from a professional source.