If you wish to republish a Psyche Idea, you may do so under the following conditions:
- Ideas may only be republished after entering into an agreement with us (see below). An excerpt of up to 250 words may be republished without a fee for the purpose of critique or analysis.
- Psyche Guides are NOT available for republication.
- Images (photographs and illustrations) may not be reused.
Terms and Conditions
1. Republication must not take place until you have agreed to these Terms and Conditions and received an agreement by email.
2. Republication is limited to Idea text and does not include accompanying illustrations or photographs originally published by Aeon Media.
3. Aeon Media will charge a flat fee of $300 USD for this republication. For Australian publishers, GST of 10% will apply.
4. Payment is to be received by Aeon Media within 21 days of receipt of invoice.
5. Aeon Media is to be notified in advance of the date of publication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The Idea must be republished in full exactly as it appears on the Psyche website, with no alterations, condensing or editing apart from house style, unless by prior arrangement with our republishing coordinator (email@example.com). Any edits will require editor approval and may take up to five working days.
7. Aeon Media must be credited at the end of the republished Idea in the following format. This Idea was originally published as ‘Title of Idea’ (the title needs to be hyperlinked to the original Idea on our website) on Psyche (the word Psyche to be hyperlinked to Psyche’s homepage if online, or in print to be followed by Psyche’s homepage address ie Psyche.co).
8. If you are using a canonical link element on the page, you must ensure that the link references the article on our site as the preferred version.
One-time republication arrangements:
Use the ‘Syndicate this Idea’ button on the Idea you wish to republish. You will then be asked to complete a short online form and agree to the terms and conditions below. Successful completion of the form will constitute entering into an agreement with Aeon Media Group Ltd to republish the selected Idea.
Bulk syndication arrangements:
Psyche offers multiple Idea packages at a discounted rate. Requests to republish more than one Aeon essay or Psyche Idea or to have an ongoing syndication arrangement will be considered and negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Contact our republishing coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of such an agreement, Aeon reserves the right to revoke the agreement without notice if the agreement is considered by Aeon to be harmful to its interests and reputation.
Use of Ideas in an educational setting:
Psyche Ideas may be used in an educational setting so long as they follow the provisions of fair use doctrine. For example, linking to or printing Ideas for use in a lesson is permissible, whereas including an Idea in a course pack requires entering into an agreement with Psyche and paying the associated syndication fee. If there are any questions or confusions about educational usage, please get in touch at email@example.com. We are really pleased to have Psyche content used in educational settings, and in return, ask that you reach out and let us know how you used it in your teaching.
Psyche is always looking to grow our international readership, and we encourage translations of our content. However, please note that we are only able to provide translation rights under the umbrella of a syndication agreement with the above fees.